Jun 3, 2010

From my home to yours...

A while back I had written that I would show some photos from around my own home displaying photography as art. This morning I popped the camera out for some images of my favorite collage in the house. These were taken last fall and I used a few of the images for our family Christmas cards. I turned them into this photo collage back in January and finally got them on the wall in April after my parents delivered my grandmother's beloved piano to me. I had been reserving this space for all of these things, and it's fun to finally have everything up. It seems like almost everyone comments on this collage when they see it for the first time.

Lots of people are scared to purchase prints or wall art sized bigger than an 8x10. But... this is proof that things look MUCH smaller up on your walls and there is no reason to be scared of a 16x20 wrap! :) These are all a variety of sizes, but the smallest is still bigger than an 8x10....

I had these all printed on metallic paper, and they really pick up some nice light throughout the day as it filters through our back patio windows.






My decorating rule for myself when we moved into this house in March was "NO MORE BEIGE!" Hence, the green walls, which I LOVE! :) We only left one room its original color - and guess what it is - BEIGE of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Really unique and original.

Post a Comment

See something ya like or have a question? Let me know right here!